Fuggerschloss Babenhausen

Das Fuggerschloss Babenhausen im oberschwäbischen Markt Babenhausen (Schwaben) im Landkreis Unterallgäu (Bayern) ist Sitz des schwäbischen Adelsgeschlechts der Fugger-Babenhausen, das 1803 in den Reichsfürstenstand erhoben wurde. Die Schlossanlage mit Garten, zugehörigen Verwaltungs- und Wirtschaftsgebäuden, steht unter Ensembleschutz.

Eine Burg – an gleicher Stelle wie das heutige Schloss – wurde im Jahre 1237 erstmals urkundlich erwähnt. Diese Burg war, zusammen mit der Herrschaft Kellmünz, den Herren von Schönegg als Lehen von den Pfalzgrafen von Tübingen überlassen. In der Folge ging die Burg in den Besitz der Herren von Rotenstein über. Heinrich von Rotenstein veräußerte die Burg und Herrschaft 1363 an Graf Eberhard II. von Württemberg. Dieser wiederum vergab sie als Lehen an den Ritter Schwigger von Gundelfingen und ab 1378 an die Herren von Rechberg. Aus dieser Zeit stammt der älteste Teil des Schlosses, der sogenannte Rechbergbau. Im 15. Jahrhundert ging das Stadtrecht verloren. Am 20. Dezember 1538 erwarb, der 1530 zum Reichsgrafen erhobene, Anton Fugger die Lehensherrschaft über Babenhausen von Herzog Ulrich von Württemberg. Die Herrschaft selbst erwarb er am 23. Januar 1539 von den Brüdern Jörg von Rechberg zu Kellmünz und Gaudenz von Rechberg zu Osterberg. Seine Nachkommen, die Fugger von der Lilie, besaßen seit 1583 die erbliche Reichs- und Kreisstandschaft im Schwäbischen Kreis und gehörten dem Schwäbischen Reichsgrafenkollegium an. Ab dem Jahr 1541 begannen die Bauarbeiten zur neuen Schlossanlage, deren Kosten sich auf 36.000 fl. beliefen. Das bestehende Rechbergschloß wurde völlig umgebaut, nördlich davon entstand das Neue Schloß. Dieses war bereits 1543 im Rohbau fertig. Noch im gleichen Jahr wurden die Fenster ein- und zwei Wetterfahnen auf das Dach aufgesetzt. Ein Quertrakt, der die beiden parallelen Schloßtrakte, sowie die Kirche an der Westseite verbindet, stammt aus gleicher Zeit. In der Durchfahrt des Quertraktes ist die Jahreszahl 1543 angebracht. Im gleichen Zug wurde der Kanzleitrakt im Osten und der daran östlich anschließende Torturm errichtet. Die Brauerei und der Zehentstadel im Nordosten der Anlage, unmittelbar an der Fuggerstraße gelegen, folgten kurz darauf. Um Wälle und Gräben um das Schloss, vor allem an der Westseite, anlegen zu können, erwarb Anton Fugger in den Jahren 1544 bis 1546 einige Häuser aus der Nachbarschaft und ließ diese abbrechen. Darunter auch der ehemalige Pfarrhof. In den Urkunden aus dieser Zeit wird der Meister Quirin Knoll aus Augsburg als Hauptarchitekt genannt. Knoll standen die Poliere Hans Fischgatter aus Augsburg (erwähnt 1542) und Gilg Praun aus Wessobrunn zur Seite. Zimmermeister war vermutlich der 1543 erwähnte Ulrich Beck aus Augsburg mit seinem, ebenfalls aus Augsburg stammenden, Polier Lienhardt Hainlin. Die Ausbauarbeiten im Innenbereich zogen sich über mehrere Jahre hin. So schuf Hans Breithart aus Augsburg 1545 einen Kamin aus Salzburger Marmor und 1547 einen weiteren aus weißem Marmor. Hans Wisreuter aus München war 1547 als Kistlermeister auf der Baustelle beschäftigt, wohl um Kassettendecken zu fertigen. Sowohl der Ostgiebel des Neuen Schloßes, wie auch das Einfahrtstor zum östlichen Vorhof sind mit der Jahreszahl 1562 bezeichnet. Weitere größere Ausgaben für die Inneneinrichtung fielen 1572 an. Jonas Holl, ein Stiefbruder von Elias Holl, war 1590 bei weiteren Bauarbeiten beschäftigt. Im Jahr 1633 wurde das Schloss ein halbes Jahr lang von den Schweden besetzt, welche Mobiliär nach Finnland schafften. Weitere Umgestaltungen und Neueinrichtungen erfolgten, in zwei Hauptabschnitten, im 18. Jahrhundert. Von 1737 bis 1747 wurde unter Graf Franz Carl Fugger das Neue Schloß und der westliche Querbau umgestaltet. Nach dessen Tod 1758 führte seine Witwe Gräfin Maria Josepha Antonia die Umbauarbeiten von 1759 bis 1762 nach Entwürfen von Johann Michael Fischer fort. In diese Zeit fällt die Umgestaltung des Inneren des Rechberghauses, das von der Gräfin bis zu deren Tod 1771 bewohnt wurde. 1803 wurde aus den Herrschaften Babenhausen und Kettershausen das Fürstentum Babenhausen gebildet, Graf Anselm Maria Fugger von Babenhausen wurde in den Reichsfürstenstand erhoben. Mit der Rheinbundakte 1806 kam das Fürstentum als Standesherrschaft dann zum Königreich Bayern. Fürst Leopold Fugger ließ 1845 alle Fassaden einheitlich und schlicht umgestalten. Die Fassade erhielt in diesem Zuge die leichten Anklänge an die Neugotik mit gefasten Fenstern und Treppengiebel an Stelle des kleinteilig geschweiften Wellenrandes aus dem 16. Jahrhundert. Der Ort war noch bis 1848 Sitz des Fürstlich Fuggerschen Herrschaftsgerichts Babenhausen. In den Jahren vor 1914 wurden verschiedene Räume des Neuen Schlosses auf Veranlassung der Fürstin Nora Fugger durch den Münchner Architekten Ernst Haiger und den ebenfalls in München ansässigen Kunsthändler Jakob Doppler neu gestaltet. Der obere Hausflur wurde dabei zum Ahnensaal umgestaltet.

Das Fuggermuseum im Schloss entstand 1955 durch Friedrich Carl Fugger. Eine Renovierung der noch immer im Besitz der Familie Fugger befindlichen Anlage erfolgte 1956.

Der stattliche und vielgestaltige Schlosskomplex besetzt den Rand einer Hochfläche und beherrscht mit seiner mächtigen Westfront den Markt, der sich zu seinen Füßen im Tal der Günz entfaltet hat. Der Rechbergbau stammt aus der Zeit nach 1378. Unter Anton Fugger und seinen Nachkommen wurde die Anlage stetig erweitert und die Kirche St. Andreas mit der Schlossanlage eng verbunden. Der Turm der Kirche wurde als Eckturm des Schlosses einbezogen. Neben dem Neuen Schloss entstanden weitläufige Wirtschaftsanlagen, Brauerei, Zehentstadel, Kanzlei u.a. – Ahnensaal und Bibliothek umgestaltet nach Entwürfen des Münchner Architekten Ernst Haiger (fertiggestellt 1914).

Schlösser: Schloss Babenhausen | Schloss Bedernau | Schloss Boos | Schloss Fellheim | Schloss Frickenhausen | Hohes Schloss Bad Grönenbach | Unteres Schloss Bad Grönenbach | Schloss Holzgünz | Schloss Kirchheim | Schloss Kronburg | Schloss Künersberg | Neues Schloss Lautrach | Schloss Markt Wald | Schloss Mattsies | Schloss Memmingerberg | Schloss Mindelburg | Rotes Schlössle | Schloss Trunkelsberg | Schloss Türkheim | Schloss Ungerhausen | Wachterschlößle

Burgen und Ruinen: Burgruine Altenschönegg | Burgruine Rothenstein | Untere Burg Woringen

Turmhügelburgen (alle abgegangen): Turmhügel Ghagburg

Burgställe (abgegangene Burgen): Burgstall Eppishausen | Burg Falken (Heidelburg) | Burg Felsenberg | Burgstall Hahnentanz (Bussenburg, Altittelsburg, Zwickerburg) | Burgstall Heimenegg | Burg Hundsmoor | Burgstall Im Buschel | Fliehburg Ittelsburg | Burg Moosburg | Burg Neuittelsburg (Der Falk) | Burg Siebnach | Burgstall Stumpfbühl | Burgstall Tannburg | Burgstall Unterschönegg (Schönegg) | Burg Wolfertschwenden | Fliehburg Woringen

Koordinaten:

List of Buddy Complex episodes

Buddy Complex is a 2014 Japanese mecha anime series produced by Sunrise in collaboration with Bandai Visual, Bandai Channel, Lantis, Banpresto, and Bandai Namco Games under Bandai Namco Holdings. The anime series is original creation of Hajime Yatate and is directed by Yasuhiro Tanabe with series composition by BC project, original character designs and animation direction by Asako Inayoshi and Tomoshige Inayoshi, soundtrack music by Tatsuya Kato and 3D CG by Orange. The series follows Aoba Watase, an ordinary high school boy who lived an average, everyday life commuting to high school in the city. On the first day back after summer break, Aoba is attacked by a giant robot that appears out of the sky. As he’s pursued through the city, his classmate Hina Yumihara appears in a giant robot of her own. She rescues him, and tells him cryptically that „Dio is waiting,“ before she sends Aoba into the future and then disappears. When Aoba wakes up, he finds himself over seventy years into the future, where the Free Pact Alliance and the Zogilia Republic are at war with each other and there he meets young pilot named Dio Jyunyou Weinberg. This begins Aoba’s new life as the pilot of the Free Pact Alliance and together with Dio, they would change the fate of the world.

The first part of the series aired 13 episodes between January 5, 2014 and March 30, 2014, every Sunday 24:00 JST on Tokyo MX with later airings on YTV, TVA, BS11 and Bandai Channel. The opening theme is „Unisonia“ by True while the ending theme is „Ano Sora ni Kaeru Mirai de“ by ChouCho. Funimation streamed the series on their video website, beginning on January 6, 2014. Daisuki streamed the episodes worldwide on their Website as well as on their official YouTube Channel. Bandai Visual will begin releasing the series in Japan on Blu-ray volumes starting on March 26, 2014.

A 2-part sequel titled „Buddy Complex Final Chapter: In the Future When We Return to Those Skies(バディ・コンプレックス 完結編 ―あの空に還る未来で― Badi Konpurekkusu Kanketsu-hen: Ano Sora ni Kaeru Mirai de?) aired on September 29 and 30, 2014. The insert song „Twin Bird“ performed by True.

Bandai Visual began releasing the series in Japan on Blu-ray volumes starting on March 26, 2014.

Antoine de La Chambre

Antoine de La Chambre (mort en 1575 à Belley), ecclésiastique, fut évêque de Belley de 1550 à 1575.

Antoine de Seyssel, dit de La Chambre, est issu de la lignée des « Seyssel La Chambre » de la maison de Seyssel. Il est le troisième fils de Charles de La Chambre, baron de Sermoyer et d’Isabeau Mareschal, fille et héritière de François Mareschal, baron de Meximieux. Selon une pieuse tradition, il n’aurait survécu à sa naissance que par l’intercession de la Sainte-Vierge vénérée dans la petite chapelle de Notre-Dame-du-Noyer. Devenu évêque, il visite ce sanctuaire tous les ans et le comble de ses dons. Lors du partage des domaines paternels, il reçoit la seigneurie de Bourg-Saint-Christophe et l’usufruit de celle de Crest en Genevois. Destiné à l’Église, il est également pourvu du doyenné de l’église Saint-Apollinaire de Meximieux pour laquelle il institue les statuts du chapitre de chanoines le 15 mai 1545.

Après la mort à Rome en 1550 de son oncle paternel, le cardinal Philippe de La Chambre, évêque de Belley, il est désigné par le pape Paul III comme son successeur mais il ne prend possession de l’évêché que le 6 juin 1552. Il s’adjoint comme coadjuteur un carme réputé pour sa piété Guillaume Forbiti ou de Fourbi « que l’on dict evesque d’Alexie ». Il est témoin lors du mariage de sa sœur Jeanne avec Philibert de Vautraneuse le 27 avril 1561. La qualité de Prince d’Empire étant attachée à son diocèse de Belley il participe au Concile de Trente où il est présent le 26 avril 1563. Il teste à Belley le 15 février 1564 et y meurt en 1575. Il est inhumé dans sa cathédrale à droite du maitre autel.

PH-Baureihe G

Die Baureihe G waren Tenderlokomotiven der Anonymen Luxemburgischen Prinz-Heinrich-Eisenbahn- und Erzgrubengesellschaft (PH).

Die PH beschaffte 1904 bei der belgischen Firma La Meuse drei vierfach gekuppelte Güterzugtenderlokomotiven. Baugleiche Lokomotiven wurden von La Meuse auch an zahlreiche Industriebetriebe geliefert. Gedacht waren sie vor allem für Rangierdienst und zum Nachschieben auf der Bahnstrecke Petingen–Bois Châtier. 1922 wurden die als Nassdampflokomotiven gebauten Fahrzeuge auf Heißdampf umgebaut.

Als 1942 die Deutsche Reichsbahn die PH übernahm, wurden die Lokomotiven mit den Nummern 92 2701–2703 in das Nummernschema eingeordnet. Nach dem Zweiten Weltkrieg war in Luxemburg nur noch die 92 2703 vorhanden, die zwei anderen Loks tauchten aber wieder auf und wurden 1945/46 nach Luxemburg gebracht. Die neugegründete Chemins de Fer Luxembourgeois (CFL) reihte die Maschinen als Baureihe 40 in ihr Nummernschema ein.

Bis 1952 waren alle drei Lokomotiven im Bestand der CFL, Ende 1957 befand sich keine mehr im Inventar.

Irgoli

Irgoli ist ein Ort in der Provinz Nuoro in der italienischen Region Sardinien mit 2339 Einwohnern (Stand 31. Dezember 2015).

Irgoli liegt 35 km östlich von Nuoro.

Die Nachbargemeinden sind: Galtellì, Loculi, Lula, Onifai und Siniscola.

Die archäologischen Stätten Su Notante mit ihrem Brunnenheiligtum und das Gigantengrab Su Picante liegt an den Hängen des Monte e’ Senes bzw. im Tal des Rio Caddare.

Aritzo | Arzana | Atzara | Austis | Bari Sardo | Baunei | Belvì | Birori | Bitti | Bolotana | Borore | Bortigali | Cardedu | Desulo | Dorgali | Dualchi | Elini | Fonni | Gadoni | Gairo | Galtellì | Gavoi | Girasole | Ilbono | Irgoli | Jerzu | Lanusei | Lei | Loceri | Loculi | Lodine | Lodè | Lotzorai | Lula | Macomer | Mamoiada | Meana Sardo | Noragugume | Nuoro | Oliena | Ollolai | Olzai | Onani | Onifai | Oniferi | Orani | Orgosolo | Orosei | Orotelli | Ortueri | Orune | Osidda | Osini | Ottana | Ovodda | Perdasdefogu | Posada | Sarule | Silanus | Sindia | Siniscola | Sorgono | Talana | Tertenia | Teti | Tiana | Tonara | Torpè | Tortolì | Triei | Ulassai | Urzulei | Ussassai | Villagrande Strisaili

Yuki Kawauchi

Yuki Kawauchi (川内優輝 Kawauchi Yūki?, born 5 March 1987) is a Japanese marathon runner. He came to prominence after running the 2011 Tokyo Marathon in 2:08:37, finishing as the first Japanese and third overall. He is known as the „citizen runner“ given that he works full-time for the government of Saitama Prefecture and trains in his time off with his own expenses without any sponsorship.

Kawauchi is a frequent competitor, entering many races each year, ranging in distance from the 1500 m to the 50 km ultramarathon. Among his performances, he has won at the Hokkaido Marathon and Beppu-Ōita Marathon and has reached the top three at the Tokyo Marathon and Fukuoka Marathon (the two major marathons in Japan). His personal best for the distance is 2:08:14 (Seoul 2013).

In spite of him being an amateur, he has represented Japan internationally at the World Championships in Athletics and the IAAF World Half Marathon Championships. He has two younger brothers, Toshiki and Koki Kawauchi, who are also marathon runners.

Born in Setagaya, Tokyo, Kawauchi began running from a young age: first he practised with his mother and later with the track teams at high school. While there, the combination of an injury and the premature death of his father meant that his running suffered. Nevertheless, he continued to enjoy the sport at a lower level while studying at Gakushuin University. After university, he did not receive much interest from corporate running teams – the typical route to professional running in Japan. He decided to continue running for pleasure, entering races and paying his own expenses.

He came third at the 2008 Ageo Half Marathon with a time of 63:22 minutes and began competing in marathons the following year. He gradually improved his times in 2009. His debut at the Beppu-Ōita Marathon saw him come 20th with a time of 2:19:26 hours. He bettered this with a showing of 2:18:18 for 19th at the Tokyo Marathon a month later, then managed 13th at the Fukuoka Marathon in December with a run of 2:17:33 hours. He began to break into the upper echelons of the national scene at the 2010 Tokyo Marathon, where he claimed fourth place with a personal best time of 2:12:36 hours. Despite this improvement he was further down the field at the Fukuoka race, finishing tenth with 2:17:54 hours.

Kawauchi improved his half marathon best to 1:02:40 at the Kagawa Marugame Half Marathon in February 2011, finishing inside the top ten. He set his sights on a top eight finish at the Tokyo Marathon later that month but exceeded his own expectations by running a time of 2:08:37 hours and taking third place. As the best Japanese performer, he earned selection for the 2011 World Championships in Athletics. In June he entered the Okinoshima Ultramarathon and led the 50 km race right up to the last 600 metres, at which point he collapsed due to heat stroke and failed to finish the race. At the World Championship Marathon held in Daegu he finished in 18th place – a performance which helped the Japanese team including Hiroyuki Horibata and Kentaro Nakamoto to a silver medal in the 2011 World Marathon Cup. He competed extensively towards the end of the year and his form held well: he managed fourth at the Osaka Marathon, then took third at the Fukuoka Marathon. The latter was an Olympic qualifying race and he was the first placed Japanese. The Japan Association of Athletics Federations played down his selection choices, saying his time of 2:09:57 was not fast enough, but Kawauchi upturned tradition by saying the race was a warm-up for the second qualifier in Tokyo – Japanese runners rarely enter both selection races due to their proximity in the running calendar. Only two weeks later Kawauchi entered the Hofu Marathon and was runner-up behind Mongolia’s Serod Bat-Ochir. He remarked that the fatigue from the previous race had hurt his chances of winning the race.

At the start of 2012 he ran a half marathon best of 1:02:18 hours in Marugame, but his unorthodox decision to race frequently ruined his chances of Olympic selection, as he finished fourteenth with a time of 2:12:51 hours at February’s Tokyo Marathon. He called his own performance „disgraceful“ and shaved his head to make amends for disappointing his supporters. This did not deter Kawauchi from following his own running narrative, however, and he entered nine marathons that year, winning five of them. He took the top honours at the Kasumigaura Marathon, Hokkaido Marathon, Sydney Marathon, Chiba Aqualine Marathon and Hofu Marathon. Kawauchi’s return to Okinoshima produced a course record victory of 2:51:45 at the 50 km race. On top of his marathon running, Kawauchi ran six half marathons, including top three finishes in Shizuoka and Ageo as well as 21st place at the 2012 IAAF World Half Marathon Championships. Following the advice of New Zealand running coach Arthur Lydiard he said that focusing on distance work would improve his speed, rather than the inverse speed training favoured by his contemporaries. Demonstrating this philosophy, he ran personal bests for the 1500 metres and the 5000 metres in September, timing 3:50.51 minutes and 13:58.62 minutes at a Nittai University meeting.

His fastest marathon race of the year was 2:10:29 hours for sixth place at the Fukuoka Marathon. Repeating his schedule from the previous year, he ran in Hofu two weeks later and this time he took first place. His run of 2:10:46 was a record for the shortest period of time between two sub 2:11 marathons by any runner. Responding to questions about his frequent racing, he said that he wanted „to find out whether the common sense of the running world is really any kind of sense at all“.

The organisers of the 2013 Egyptian Marathon agreed to pay his travel expenses for the January race, but Kawauchi missed his flight after arriving at the airport without his passport. He decided to pay 800,000 yen (US$9,000) for a replacement flight – an amount that equated to a quarter of his yearly salary. The decision paid off as he reached the starting line for the marathon and won with a time of 2:12:24 – the fastest ever for a race in Egypt. Less than three weeks later he ran at the Beppu-Ōita Marathon and he reached the top of the Japanese rankings by winning the race in a personal best of 2:08:15 hours, breaking Gert Thys’s 17-year course record in the process. In spite of the lengthy races, his passion was not dimmed: „after 21 Marathon runs, I can now say with confidence how fun Marathon running can be“. He saw off a number of professional runners at the Kumanichi 30 km Road Race two weeks later, finishing in 1:29:31 hours – another course record and personal best time. The race organisers said a 30,000 increase in spectators that year was due to Kawauchi’s popularity with the Japanese public – the runner had received invitations to over 100 races.

He broke his personal best by one second with a fourth-place finish at the Seoul International Marathon. Cold conditions at the Nagano Marathon put a stop to an attempt to be the first person to run three sub-2:09 marathons in consecutive months, but he still managed to win the race – the first Japanese winner since 1999. He equalled Nicholas Manza’s course record to win the Gold Coast Marathon in July.

SS El Occidente

SS El Occidente was a cargo ship for the Morgan Line, a subsidiary of the Southern Pacific Company. During World War I, she was known as USAT El Occidente in service with the United States Army and as USS El Occidente (ID-3307) in service with the United States Navy. At the end of war, she reverted to her original name of SS El Occidente.

Built in 1910, SS El Occidente was one of four sister ships that carried cargo and a limited number of passengers for the Morgan Line. She was acquired by the U.S. Army after the United States entered World War I in April 1917, and converted to carry horses and mules to France. In February 1918, she fought a 20-minute gun battle with two German submarines, destroying the periscope of one. In August 1918, the ship was transferred to the U.S. Navy and continued transporting animals through the end of the war.

El Occidente returned to the Morgan Line in 1919 and sailed with them until June 1941, when the entire Morgan Line fleet was purchased by the United States Maritime Commission. While serving as a civilian-crewed cargo ship during World War II, El Occidente was torpedoed and sunk by German submarine U-435 on 13 April 1942.

SS El Occidente was a cargo and passenger steamship launched on 24 September 1910 by the Newport News Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Co. of Newport News, Virginia (yard no. 133), and delivered to the Atlantic division of the Morgan Line on 2 December 1910. She was the newest of four sister ships; the older three being El Sol, El Mundo, and El Oriente. El Occidente was 6,008 gross register tons (GRT), was 430 feet 2 inches (131.11 m) long by 53 feet 1 inch (16.18 m) abeam, and made 15.5 knots (28.7 km/h). The vessel sailed for the Morgan Line, the brand name of the Southern Pacific Steamship Company (a subsidiary of the Southern Pacific Railroad), which employed her to carry cargo and a limited number of passengers between New York and New Orleans, the eastern terminus of the Southern Pacific line.

In April 1913, The New York Times reported that El Occidente, loaded only with cargo, had rammed a schooner in fog off the New Jersey coast. Responding to a wireless message, the Savannah steamer City of Montgomery came alongside El Occidente to offer assistance, but was refused. The name and fate of the schooner were not reported.

After the United States declared war on Germany in April 1917, the United States Army, needing transports to get its men and materiel to France, had a select committee of shipping executives pore over registries of American shipping. The committee selected El Occidente and thirteen other American-flagged ships that were sufficiently fast, could carry enough fuel in their bunkers for transatlantic crossings, and, most importantly, were in port or not far at sea. After El Occidente discharged her last load of passengers and cargo, she was officially handed over to the Army on 30 May.

Before any troop transportation could be undertaken, all of the ships had to be hastily refitted. Of the fourteen ships, four, including El Occidente, were designated to carry animals and cargo; the other ten were designated to carry human passengers. The four ships designated to carry animals had to have ramps and stalls built. All the ships had to have gun platforms installed, before each ship docked at the Brooklyn Navy Yard to have the guns themselves installed. All the ships were manned by merchant officers and crews but carried two U.S. Navy officers, Navy gun crews, quartermasters, signalmen, and wireless operators. The senior Navy officer on board would take control if a ship came under attack.

The American convoy carrying the first units of the American Expeditionary Force was broken into four groups; El Occidente was in the fourth group with Montanan, Dakotan, and Edward Luckenbach, and escorts consisting of cruiser St. Louis, U.S. Navy transport Hancock, and destroyers Shaw, Ammen, and Flusser. El Occidente departed with her group on the morning of 17 June for Brest, France, steaming at an 11-knot (20 km/h) pace. A thwarted submarine attack on the first convoy group, and reports of heavy submarine activity off of Brest resulted in a change in the convoy’s destination to Saint-Nazaire.

El Occidente departed Saint-Nazaire on 14 July in the company of her convoy mates Dakotan, Montanan, and Edward Luckenbach. Joining the return trip were Army transport Momus, Navy armed collier Cyclops, Navy oiler Kanawha, and cruiser Seattle, the flagship of Rear Admiral Albert Gleaves, the head of the Navy’s Cruiser and Transport Force.

Sources do not reveal El Occidente’s movements over the next eight months. But in April 1918, the Chicago Daily Tribune reported on an encounter El Occidente had with two German submarines that had occurred on 2 February. In a 20-minute running gun battle, Naval Armed Guardsmen aboard El Occidente exchanged fire with two U-boats, one on the port and one on the starboard. The news item reported that El Occidente’s gunners had demolished the periscope of one of her attackers.

El Occidente’s next recorded convoy trip took place on 23 March, when she sailed with Navy transports Martha Washington and Powhatan, Army transport ship Finland, and cruiser Pueblo, arriving in France on 4 April. El Occidente next sailed on 18 May with President Grant, Calamares, stores ship Bridge, and Italian steamer Duca degli Abruzzi. Rendezvousing with a contingent of transports from Newport News— Madawaska, Pocahontas, Zeelandia, and Italian steamer Re d’Italia—the convoy was escorted by American cruiser Huntington, and destroyers Little and Kimberly. The convoy arrived in France on 30 May. On 10 July, El Occidente departed Newport News with Navy transports Aeolus, Powhatan, Martha Washington, Matsonia, but had to return to port with a leaky gas injector.

On 27 August 1918, El Occidente was transferred to the Navy and commissioned the same day with Lt. Commander E. S. Campbell, USNRF. El Occidente loaded cargo and 585 horses and mules, and sailed for France on 17 September. Five animals died or were destroyed during the voyage. Offloading her cargo at Saint-Nazaire and Verdun, El Occidente returned to the U.S. on 1 November.

In port when the Armistice with Germany was signed on 11 November, El Occidente loaded 1,467 short tons (1,331 t) of cargo and 800 animals for a second Navy voyage. Departing on 17 November for Verdun, the ship arrived there on 19 December. Returning to Baltimore for repairs and alterations which included the removal of her armament and the stalls for animal cargo, El Occidente sailed again on 15 January 1919 for Bordeaux where she unloaded cargo for the Army of Occupation and embarked 90 passengers for return to the United States. She was decommissioned at New York on 18 March 1919, and delivered to the United States Shipping Board the same day.

Returned by the USSB in March 1919, El Occidente resumed cargo service with the Morgan Line, where she had almost 15 years of routine operation. However, in the 1930s, sailing on a New York – Galveston route, El Occidente was involved in several notable events.

In July 1933, El Occidente had a fire in her No. 1 cargo hold while she was southbound 15 nautical miles (28 km) out from Norfolk, Virginia. El Occidente’s initial radio message reported that her crew had the blaze under control, but when that proved not to be the case, she headed in, docked at the Norfolk grain elevator, and requested assistance from local firefighters.

In September 1935, El Occidente came to the aid of Morgan passenger liner Dixie, which had been driven onto French Reef by the Labor Day Hurricane. Dixie had been headed from New Orleans to New York when she grounded on the reef, located about 60 nautical miles (110 km) south of Miami, Florida and 4.5 nautical miles (8.3 km) off shore. El Occidente, one of 15 ships that responded to Dixie’s distress calls, carried two loads of passengers and baggage from Dixie to Miami. There was no loss of life during the grounding or the rescue of Dixie’s passengers.

In January 1937, El Occidente issued a distress call while she was in the Gulf of Mexico. After she reported a fire while some 200 nautical miles (370,000 m) south of the mouth of the Mississippi River, U.S. Coast Guard cutters Kimball and Triton and German freighter Leubeck all responded to the call. Before any reached the burning vessel, El Occidente reported that she had gotten the fire under control and needed no further assistance. El Occidente headed to Galveston. The following month, El Occidente issued another distress call, this time for a broken rudder while 80 nautical miles (150 km) off the Virginia Capes. Coast Guard cutter Sebago responded and towed El Occidente to Norfolk, delivering her there on 7 February.

In June 1941, the United States Maritime Commission (USMC) announced that it had requisitioned the entire Morgan Line fleet of ten ships, including El Occidente and her remaining sister ships, El Oriente and El Mundo. The ships were to finish previously scheduled cargo runs and be handed over to the USMC over the following six weeks. The USMC had been charged with assembling a 2,000,000 GRT U.S. fleet to „aid the democracies“ fighting Germany in World War II, and paid $4.7 million for all ten ships and a further $2.6 million for repairs and refits.

El Occidente was handed over to the War Shipping Administration at Galveston on 7 July and assigned to United States Lines, Inc., for operation. The cargo ship was placed under Panamanian registry by U.S. Lines. Little is known of El Occidente’s movements over the six months, but on 30 January 1942, she left Boston for Halifax loaded with a general cargo. Arriving at Halifax on 1 February, she joined Convoy HX 174 and headed for Liverpool on 7 February, arriving at her destination on 21 February.

Two days later, El Occidente sailed for Reykjavík, where she arrived on 1 March, just in time to depart with Convoy PQ 12 for Murmansk. After the convoy arrived at Murmansk on 12 March, El Occidente unloaded her cargo and took on a partial ballast load of chromium ore. She departed in Convoy QP 10 on 10 April. At 01:29 on 13 April, while at position Coordinates: , German submarine U-435 under the command of Siegfried Strelow fired one or two torpedoes which struck El Occidente in the engine room, nearly breaking the vessel in half. El Occidente went down stern first within two minutes, with no time to launch lifeboats. Within 30 minutes of her sinking, HMS Speedwell, one of the convoy’s escorts, rescued 21 of the ship’s 41-man crew; the remaining 20 crewmen died.

List of gifted and talented programmes

List of gifted and talented programmes is a list of gifted education programmes.

The school caters specifically for the unique needs of high-potential, or „gifted“ learners with a focus on; critical and creative thinking, problem solving and decisions as well as equipping kids with the emotional intelligence to deal with everyday life.

Alberta

British Columbia

Ontario

Quebec

Saskatchewan

As of 2002, only 37 US states have laws requiring that some services be made available for the gifted[citation needed]. Of these, approximately 28 require that the services must be adequate to meet to the educational needs of every gifted student. There is one federal law with respect to gifted education. The Jacob K. Javits Gifted & Talented Student Education Act of 1988 was renewed as part of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act in 1994 and as part of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001.

Arizona

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Florida

Indiana

Illinois

Louisiana

Maryland

Massachusetts

Michigan

Mississippi

Nevada

New York

North Carolina

Ohio

South Carolina

Texas

Virginia

Washington

New South Wales

Queensland

South Australia

Frederick Wheeler (public servant)

Sir Frederick Henry Wheeler AC, CBE (9 January 1914 – 5 August 1994) was a senior Australian public servant. He was Secretary of the Department of the Treasury from 1971 to 1979.

Frederick Wheeler was born on 9 January 1914. He was educated at Trinity Grammar School and Scotch College in Melbourne.

Wheeler began his Commonwealth public service career in 1939 in the Department of the Treasury. He rose to become Chairman of the Public Service Board, serving in the position for 10 years between 1961 and 1971. During his time at the Board, he reorganised its structure and put in a place a new, more professional qualification-based recruitment system.

He was appointed Secretary of the Treasury in November 1971.

Wheeler was appointed an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in 1952, and a Commander of the Order (CBE) in 1962.

He was knighted in 1967. Sir Frederick Wheeler was made a Companion of the Order of Australia in January 1979.

Oberlahr

Oberlahr ist eine Ortsgemeinde im Landkreis Altenkirchen (Westerwald) in Rheinland-Pfalz. Sie gehört der Verbandsgemeinde Flammersfeld an. Oberlahr ist ein staatlich anerkannter Fremdenverkehrsort.

Oberlahr liegt im Wiedtal in der Lahrer Herrlichkeit und im Naturpark Rhein-Westerwald. Zu Oberlahr gehören auch die Wohnplätze Am Lahrbach, Lammerichskaul und Talblick.

Oberlahr gehörte zum Kurfürstentum Köln, dessen rechtsrheinischen Reste im Jahr 1803 aufgrund des Reichsdeputationshauptschlusses aufgelöst und dem Fürstentum Nassau-Usingen zugesprochen wurden. 1806 gehörte das Gebiet zum Herzogtum Nassau und kam 1815 aufgrund der Beschlüsse des Wiener Kongresses und eines Zusatzvertrages zum Königreich Preußen. Unter der preußischen Verwaltung wurde Oberlahr der Bürgermeisterei Flammersfeld im neu errichten Kreis Altenkirchen zugeordnet, der von 1822 an zur Rheinprovinz gehörte.

Bei der Oberlahrer Brandkatastrophe am Adventssonntag, den 12. Dezember 1790, ist nahezu der gesamte Ort abgebrannt. Zum Wiederaufbau wurden 200 der 3000 vorhandenen Eichen aus den Oberlahrer Waldungen benötigt. Den „Abgebrannten“ wurden je nach Größe ihrer Häuser und dem entstandenen Schaden die Eichen zur Reparatur oder zum Neubau zugeteilt.

Die Entwicklung der Einwohnerzahl von Oberlahr, die Werte von 1871 bis 1987 beruhen auf Volkszählungen:

Der Gemeinderat in Oberlahr besteht aus zwölf Ratsmitgliedern, die bei der Kommunalwahl am 25. Mai 2014 in einer Mehrheitswahl gewählt wurden, und der ehrenamtlichen Ortsbürgermeisterin als Vorsitzende.

Im Ortskern liegt der restaurierte Kirchplatz mit der St. Antonius Kirche, dem geschichtsträchtigen Dorfbackes und dem Gemeindehaus.

siehe auch: Liste der Kulturdenkmäler in Oberlahr

Trotz seiner geringen Größe besitzt Oberlahr verhältnismäßig viele Gewerbebetriebe.

Almersbach | Alsdorf | Altenkirchen (Westerwald) | Bachenberg | Berod bei Hachenburg | Berzhausen | Betzdorf | Birken-Honigsessen | Birkenbeul | Birnbach | Bitzen | Brachbach | Breitscheidt | Bruchertseifen | Bürdenbach | Burglahr | Busenhausen | Daaden | Derschen | Dickendorf | Eichelhardt | Eichen | Elben | Elkenroth | Emmerzhausen | Ersfeld | Etzbach | Eulenberg | Fensdorf | Fiersbach | Flammersfeld | Fluterschen | Forst | Forstmehren | Friedewald | Friesenhagen | Fürthen | Gebhardshain | Gieleroth | Giershausen | Grünebach | Güllesheim | Hamm (Sieg) | Harbach | Hasselbach | Helmenzen | Helmeroth | Hemmelzen | Herdorf | Heupelzen | Hilgenroth | Hirz-Maulsbach | Horhausen (Westerwald) | Hövels | Idelberg | Ingelbach | Isert | Katzwinkel (Sieg) | Kausen | Kescheid | Kettenhausen | Kircheib | Kirchen (Sieg) | Kraam | Krunkel | Malberg | Mammelzen | Mauden | Mehren | Michelbach (Westerwald) | Mittelhof | Molzhain | Mudersbach | Nauroth | Neitersen | Niederdreisbach | Niederfischbach | Niederirsen | Niedersteinebach | Nisterberg | Obererbach (Westerwald) | Oberirsen | Oberlahr | Obernau | Obersteinebach | Oberwambach | Ölsen | Orfgen | Peterslahr | Pleckhausen | Pracht | Racksen | Reiferscheid | Rettersen | Rosenheim (Landkreis Altenkirchen) | Roth | Rott | Scheuerfeld | Schöneberg | Schürdt | Schutzbach | Seelbach (Westerwald) | Seelbach bei Hamm (Sieg) | Seifen | Selbach (Sieg) | Sörth | Steinebach/Sieg | Steineroth | Stürzelbach | Volkerzen | Wallmenroth | Walterschen | Weitefeld | Werkhausen | Weyerbusch | Willroth | Wissen | Wölmersen | Ziegenhain